Do we pay speakers to speak? Do we cover their speaker fee?
No, we don't. Never. Even the most successful entrepreneurs in the world (like co-founder of Whatsapp) speak at our stages for free. Why?
- We do it for the community. We want to educate, inspire and connect people. We want speakers that have the same values.
- We don't really make money out of these local events = we don't have a budget to pay thousands of USD in speaker fees.
Having said that, there have been some cases that we (you) have covered speakers' flights/transportation and accommodation. BUT, this is what you should keep in mind if you're thinking about doing something like that:
- You are on your own - HQ WILL NOT cover any of these cost; nor will be reaching out to the speaker on your behalf.
- Get a sponsor - the last thing we want to that you will ever lose money on hosting a Startup Grind event.
- Make sure that this speaker is a rock star in the eyes of your community and can bring a lot of value to everybody involved with the event.