Who should I try to get as a sponsor?
A few key tips:
- Target brands and companies you know – leverage personal and professional connections (LinkedIn, Startup Grind team, your company/ startup, friends in marketing/sales)
- Target companies reaching startup founders, developers, small businesses, entrepreneurs, and early adopters (hint: law firms are often a prime sponsor).
- Look at who is sponsoring other startup events and ask them
- Find out WHO is the decision-maker and IF there is budget to spend. If no, don’t waste time
- Determine TIMING for sponsorship (how soon can they buy? deadline for decision-making? If NO now, ask again in X months / next quarter)
- If answer is NO, always ask for a lead / referral (who do you know?…)
NEW!! - You can access all templates HERE that you might find helpful for Sponsorship (Please be logged in with your Startup Grind account.)
- Updated June 2019
And, here is a way to say thanks to your sponsors and show your value.