Singapore Tourism Accelerator
Singapore Tourism Accelerator (previously known as Collision 8, Found 8 & Found.) sets a new benchmark for co-working in Asia driven with a vision to build the best innovation ecosystems; creating change, advancing communities and accelerating growth.
- Updated: 6 Jul 2019
- Application Will Open: 19 Jun 2019
- Applications close: 1 Aug 2019
- Program dates: Oct 2019 - Mar 2020
Twelve startups will be selected for the three month incubation period, after which point the top 8-10 will be invited to pilot market-ready solutions with key corporate partners for an additional three months
- Startups will receive a 6-month stipend of SGD $12,000 (~US $8,748) throughout the duration of the program, as well as assistance with temporary relocation to Singapore.
- Applicants can pitch to be fast-tracked at physical roadshow events coming up in Singapore [July 9], Bangalore [July 11], Amsterdam [July 17], and San Francisco [July 23]!
- More information on the official website: sgtourismaccelerator.com
Sample email for nominating top startups directly (most effective)
Sample copy for your own tweet/post
- Does your startup power the global travel & tourism industry? Build a global business in the world’s fastest growing travel market: Apply to the Singapore Tourism Accelerator before August 1: sgtourismaccelerator.com
Global Roadshow City Stops
Eligible startups can apply for the chance to pitch their company to a panel of industry experts at one of four Global Roadshow events. All startups who pitch will receive feedback from the panel and be considered to be fast-tracked through the selection process. You must submit an application at least 3 days in advance of the event in order to be invited to pitch.
- Singapore - July 9
- Bangalore - July 12
- Amsterdam - July 17
- San Francisco - July 23
Who Should Apply
Travel and tourism are broad industries powered by a wide array of solutions. We’re looking for startups that can drive one or more of the following objectives:
- Attract quality tourists to Singapore
- Create seamless and personalized visitor experiences from pre- to post-trip
- Generate productivity gains and cost savings for tourism businesses
- Increase revenue for tourism businesses / visitors’ spending
- Deepen insights on visitors
Other relevant verticals: data analytics, AI/ML/NLP (for various customer service applications, multi-language translation and cognitive technologies), sustainability, identity management, fintech, cloud computing, navigation/way-finding, business analytics, hospitality robotics/automation, multi-platform UI/UX, VR/AR, etc.
Both startups and scaleups and encouraged to apply. The first three months will focus on developing product-market fit -- either for a new solution, or for an innovative solution with existing market validation to scale within Singapore. All startups must have a minimum-viable product (MVP) to be eligible to apply.
Thanks for reading, sharing, and nominating great startups to this opportunity. Please feel free to reach out to your community manager (via firstname.lastname@example.org) directly with any questions or ideas you may have!