Cross-promoting events between Chapters
This guide will walk you through a step-by-step process on how to cross promote events across multiple Chapters.
Please watch this video to show step by step
With the introduction of virtual events, things like geographic location and time zones are no longer a problem for attendees. Instead, attendees are looking for good content and/or networking opportunities. Because of this, we’ve seen more Chapters around the world working together to host great speakers and great content that can benefit people outside of their own local communities.
We encourage Chapters to work together, and have created a process and event types to allow Chapters to support each other by cross promoting events.
Creating a cross promoted event
How do I create a cross promoted event?
- Log in to your Startup Grind dashboard and create a new "Cross Promoted" event.
- If the event you would like to cross promote is an in-person event, choose the "(In-Person)" event type
- If the event you would like to cross promote is a virtual event, choose the "(SGVirtual)" event type
How do I set up a cross promoted event?
- Under "General Information"
- Add the Title, Short Description, Event Description, Schedule & Agenda, and Location as per the event you want to cross promote
- Under "Startups"
- Add any participating startups as per the event you want to cross promote
- Under "People"
- Add any Speakers, Mentors, Past Speakers, Panelists, Judges, Moderators or Hosts as per the event you want to cross promote
- Under "Sponsors & Partners"
- Add any Local Sponsors or Local Partners as per the event you want to cross promote
- Under "Tickets"
- Add the External Ticketing URL, for example https://www.startupgrind.com/events/details/startup-grind-central-city-presents-this-is-forever-a-test/#/
- Finally, publish your event
- Click the “Discounts” tab
- Click “Create Code” to create a ticket discount code
- Choose an ‘Internal' Code Title, only visible for you.
- Add a code name you can share with relevant parties
- Add how much discount the code carry, i.e. 50% or $5 off ticket price etc. along with the amount of uses of this code
- Select Start & End Date, that the code will start & stop working
- Select the type of ticket you want this code to apply to
- Select "Save Code"
Now you can share the created discount code URL with the relevant Chapters that are cross promoting your event.
I've published a cross promoted event, now what?
Don't forget to promote these events via your community newsletter, or via your social media channels.