JUN 2020 | Mighty Networks
This is an important update from Startup Grind HQ regarding our messaging platform and direction of Startup Grind (see Survey below).
Please do read the below, and if you have any questions please reply to this email.
Mighty Networks & Startup Memberships
As you should all be aware by now, we have launched the Startup Grind Startup Membership. As mentioned on the AMA (ask me anything) with Alex, as well as the Town Hall hosted by Derek, the Startup Membership is simply our Startup Program Exhibition that we have now moved online, hosted on a platform called Mighty Networks.
- Hosted on Mighty networks
- Community platform with web, iOS and Andriod app
- There’s a “Network level”
- A free public group open to our whole community where anyone can join, from Directors, to Startups, to VC’s and eventually attendees.
- What you comment and post here, everyone will see.
- Please do not post director / internal communication at the network level
- There will be 3 private groups
- Startup | Grind
- Only for Grind startups, please do not request access.
- Startup | Growth
- Only for Growth startups, please do not request access.
- Chapter Directors
- This is your PRIVATE space to chat and gain access to Content, Events and Internal Discussions.
If you would like to apply to the Startup Membership with your own startup we will be providing referral links to all Directors next week.
- In additional to the groups, you’ll also get access to our 2019 Cohort Course
- Feel free to request access to this and review it. The directors that have completed the course are 85% more successful in meeting minimum requirements, than directors who have not.
- We’re still working on the 2020 Cohort Course content, which will include things such as #SGVirtual, the Community Curve, and much more. If you feel there is additional content that would add more value to the course then please let us know.
- The Cohort Course is the definitive resource for chapter directors to succeed, so we would love to improve it with your feedback.
Under the network level, as well as the groups, there are “topics”, with discussions happening under each topic. We would love to make the topics as vibrant and active as possible, so please contribute and engage where you can.
Please note this is a trial that we are running as our NEW Director Community Platform for discussion.
Here is a graphic visually representing the above and how the groups are layered
Please note that you will be receiving an invitation to Mighty Networks before the end of this week.
Please see full FAQ here: https://help.startupgrind.com/article/557-june-2020-mighty-networks
- I used to be part of a Mighty Networks, what’s happening to that group
- We will eventually shut down the old Director Might Networks instance, and the Membership will become our main Mighty Networks instance.
- If you were part of this, you know what we are talking about - if not, don’t worry - it was only for the new directors to take part of the cohort last year.
- Currently the new directors are being hosted on directorcommunity.startupgrind.com
- Once we move, our new website will be: community.startupgrind.com
- Why are we joining the Startup Program
- This is part of the vision of the great Startup Grind Membership Program. First we launched the Startup Membership. Within the Startup Membership Program, we bring in all the directors, then we’ll be bringing in partners and mentors and other cool peeps, and then… eventually… we’ll be launching the SOLO membership tier. All these communities and members - with varying levels of access - will live on the SAME Mighty Networks instance (just they’ll have different access to different groups).
- See this doc explaining the membership vision: docs.google.com/document/d/1NSnnnN72C7hI_kheWhHtLk2y74TCP-dX2A9KCwCNPxA/edit
- Where do I go to log in?
- You can access the Membership program anytime by going to community.startupgrind.com and signing in (of course, only after we’ve sent you your invitation).
- Please be sure to use your Startup Grind email to log in.
- What’s happening to Slack?
- Right now, nothing, we’ll be using Slack and Mighty Networks in tandem. As the trial continues, we’ll make a decision later regarding moving permanently, running concurrent, or shutting one of them down.
- I have an idea, or want to know something, who do I chat to?
- Reply to this email and ask your question, or make your statement - we would really love to have your input. We are really hoping this will help bring more value to you as a director, but also help you bring more value to your startups in your community.
As a reminder, June is our annual #SGWomen’s month. We are super excited about this, and you can see all of the #SGWomen’s month events here: startupgrind.com/women-in-tech-sgwomen-presented-by-svb-google-for-startups/
Important thing to note:
- Here is the #SGWomen Playbook on how to setup and run your event for #SGWomen’s month as well as important things to note: docs.google.com/presentation/d/1BEvUkwNR2MTIcWVaAk0rJ4NE64mDS86k3hXCJcQqWC0/present
- Please find your art assets here: docs.google.com/presentation/u/0/?ftv=1&tgif=d
- Need to be logged in with your @startupgrind.com email account to find it
- Please play this introductory video at the start of your session (ensure to click “share audio” when you click “share screen” on zoom). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GZbqxE70PtFjNZuavg0M9-QHygsjYhDm/view
Town Hall with Derek Andersen - Survey of our future
We had a great time catching up with all the Directors who joined. Derek really enjoyed showing the cool things we launched/launching as well as answering all your questions. It really helps keep us focused on what’s most important. You can watch a recording of the event here: https://help.startupgrind.com/article/289-townhall-meetings
We’d also love to know if we are on the right path, and have therefore created this survey. Please do fill it out and help guide our decision making regarding our next steps here at Startup Grind: https://airtable.com/shrw2TwNe6LbOYocB